WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Friday, November 08, 2013

TIM HOLTZ TAGS 2013 - NOVEMBER

I really had to improvise with this one as I had nothing of what Tim used.  I was going to cut a black tag but decided in the end to use a manilla tag and my black soot distress ink pad.  My camera takes quite bright pics, but the tag is actually quite dull and very matt in the flesh, so to speak lol.



It's supposed to have the chalkboard look to it, but I didn't have any real chalk.  However, I did have my Pebbles Inc. chalks so I smeared loads of the white over the tag.  I also didn't have T.H.'s particular embossing powder so I used a normal detail white one and once I'd smeared that with chalk too, it took any shine away.  I only heated the embossing powder lightly, so it wasn't too shiny anyway. My stamps are Paper Artsy and the bird is Kanban.  Finally, a bit of ribbon to finish it off.  Although not a dead ringer for Tim's, I actually like the way this turned out.

Entering into:
TIM HOLTZ TAGS OF 2013 - November.
CHALK 'N' STOCK - Nov' - Must use chalk.
4 CRAFTY CHICKS #167 - Anything but a card.
CRAFTS 4 ETERNITY #149 - Anything but a card.
CRAFTY RIBBONS #69 - Black and white.
BROWN SUGAR #67 - Anything goes.
CREATIVE FINGERS #10 - Anything goes/optional distress.
CHARISMA CARDZ #44 - Anything goes.

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it Lorraine and sounds like you are great at improvisation!! xx

Denise Goeldner said...

Great tag very striking. Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
~ Denise DT ~

Cindy Groh said...

It looks awesome. Great tag.

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our challenge this week, awesome job!

Leanne DT@4 Crafty Chicks!

La Vikinga said...

Hi Lorraine; Your black and white card is really special, with that chalk look! Thanks for participating with us at Crafty Ribbons Challenges this week and welcome back!

DT La Vikinga at Crafty Ribbons

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A stunning tag and I love the image you have used.


Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck.

Sarahxx

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

I love it...what a great effect you've achieved by improvising. I love how Tim always creates such interesting things...and especially that you are able to re-create it with a different method. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week. Good luck.

Lynn, DT BSCB
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.br/

coldwaters2 said...

This is fantastic Lorraine love the colour scheme and the detail is amazing.
hugs
lorraine x

Monica taylor said...

Great tag! Your image is so clear. Looks great.

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lorraine what a gorgeous tag, love the image and your sentiment on it. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

michele said...

Fabulous tag! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

julie said...

Beautiful your tag !
Thanks for joining us at Craft 4 Eternity !

toni said...

Oooooo! I like the effect you've got here Lorraine t! It looks like you've discovered a really good chalkboard technique . Gorgeous stamping x

Related Posts with Thumbnails