WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

AND......RELAX!

Two DT cards from me again this Wednesday.  First up is my card for THE PAPER SHELTER challenge #138 and our theme this week is 'Christmas is Coming'.  The 2nd card is for I ♥ PROMARKERS challenge #195 and our theme for that is 'Wedding or Anniversary'.


Even though I'm not a Christmas Card person, I love this image, lol.  I can just hear Santa as he collapses on his sack..."And....relax".  I bet Mrs Claus is on her way with a mug of hot chocolate for him.  You can purchase this fab image HERE.  My backing paper for this card is actually some left over wrapping paper that I'd just wrapped my son in law's pressie in but I thought it was perfect for what I wanted to do, so a case of waste not, want not, lol.   Don't forget there's a great prize on offer every week at the shelter, and it's even better if you use a TPS image.

Challenge prize badge

Entering into:
613 AVENUE CREATE #46 - Anything goes (optional twist not used).
SCRIBBLE & SCRAP #5 - Anything goes.
CRAFTY SENTIMENTS - Christmas.
MAKE IT MONDAY #167 - Anything goes.
ANONYMOUS STAMPS (Nov') - Anything goes.
CRAFT-DEEBOWZ (Nov') Anything goes with handmade bow.
CRAFTY BLOGGERS (Nov') - Christmas.

..........................................................

My second card for I ♥ Promarkers uses a Lily of the Valley stamp.  It's just so cute.  Our sponsor this week is  INKY IMPRESSIONS.

I used an Embossalicious embossing folder for the background and a Cheery Lynn die for the lattice type bit. I'm afraid I can't tell you who the paper and die cut flowers are by as they're left overs from my daughters wedding album which I did...umm, must be over a year now.  I computer generated the sentiment and cut the backing by hand, then added a bit of lace and some gems to finish the card off.

Entering into:
FAN-TASTIC TUESDAY #10 - Make it fancy.
ADDICTED TO STAMPS #72 - Make your mark.
DIVA'S BY DESIGN - Make it pretty.
OSAAT #190 - Anything goes.
SCRAPPERS DELIGHT #11 - Anything goes.

33 comments:

Monica taylor said...

Adorable Card! I guess Santa gets pooped out too! Saw it on MIM - Monica

Monica taylor said...

Cute Card! I guess Santa gets pooped out too. Saw it on MIM. Monica

Anna said...

Two gorgeous cards!! Wonderful coloring!
Hugs

Gail said...

Starting with TPS card: this is adorable. I specifically love the color theme and the only white is what's around the image. Your coloring is beautiful on this sleeping Santa...and GREAT embellishments...just enough for this card without overpowering one of the cutest Santa's available in the digi world (my opinion). Next, the LOTV card...the gray and white and yellow as the third color...fantastic looking. This image is sweet to start with, but the colors you chose and the lovely embellishments on this card turn it into an awesome card. Beautiful cards, both of them! Hugs, Gail

Sarah said...

Two, very different, but fabulous cards Lorraine. Great use of the wrapping paper...it's certainly perfect! xx

Dawn - Decorating Days said...

I love the little Santa card! Such great color combos and details. (I know red and green are traditional Christmas colors, but I find I don't like most shades - I love these).

Pat K said...

WOW, two great cards Lorraine. LOVE this Santa and your creative wrapping paper find. Wonderful Anniversary card too...I like how you arranged the rhinestones. Pat K x

Michelle said...

He looks so funny on his sack. Great card.
Thanks for joining us at Anonymous Stamps.
xxx Michelle

cass said...

Love the Santa image, too too cute, both cards are wonderful, thanks for joining us at Fan-tastic Tuesday this week

Sue said...

Gorgeous cards Lorraine. I love the images, fabulous colouring as always and beautiful detailing too.
Sue xx

Katherine K :) said...

Gorgeous Cards! Love everything about them! Saw you at MIM!

xx Katherine

cropnkathy

Kylie said...

Beautiful cards! I love them both. Your colouring is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Renee B. said...

Two great cards Lorraine...love that sleeping Santa image & the lovely soft colors in the second one. Saw you on MIM.
Renee (#90)

Shirley-Anne said...

Delightful pair of cards . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

TRACEY MO said...

This is lovely great layout & colours.

Thanks for joining us at scrappers delight today
tracey DT

Unknown said...

Wow what a fab creation, and oh soooo cute, thank you for sharing it with us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday hope you will join us again next week....
Hugs
Suzy B
XX

Josephine said...

Two beautiful cards!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week and good luck!

Lisa (aka CropDropNRoll) said...

I guess many of us don't look at the holiday season from Santa's perspective! Thanks for that adorable reminder. Thanks for visiting our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create.

Barbara Bruder said...

Your Santa card is so cute. Lovely use of punched border and that background paper is perfect with the Santa image. Great coloring and a great card.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous cards Lorraine, wonderfully designed and works perfect for our challenge.....wonderful design!

Good to see you join us for the OSAAT Challenge, hope to you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Ingrid Mason said...

Lorraine, these cards are both so beautiful. What a cute image you have chosen for your anniversary card and I love your 'wedding themed' backing and embellishments so sure to take the couple back to the romance of their most special day.
Your Christmas card is such fun and so beautifully created. I'm so pleased Santa is being looked after so well ....I recall feeling just like him on 26th December when my mob were little. I'm just wondering if you are aware that you could enter this card in our challenge as our rules do allow for up to three entries of non Stitchy Bear images. Perhaps you've got more of your beautiful work saved for our challenge :-)
Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

Chana Malkah said...

Two beautiful projects, both perfectly executed! Your coloring is always top drawer and your designed well thought out! Thanks for sharing your fabulous talent with us each week here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Margaret said...

Love your LOTV card. Sweet image and fabulous layout. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Maggie - DT

Alyx said...

Such a fabulous image...really brings out a smile. Gorgeous coloured and framed.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Unknown said...

Both very cute cards. Nicely colored. Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Good luck and hope to see you next challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

Two fantastic cards Lorraine love that Santa image on the first one also the background caught my eye, the second card is very pretty and cute love them both.
hugs
lorraine x

Lena said...

This motif is insanely beautiful! Guessing that Santa is just so tired on the 26th December!

Thanks for the inspiration!
Hug Lena

Aunty Sue said...

great card and thanks for sharing with this week at Crafty Sentiments hope to see you back again next week

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Two wonderful creations, I just love the Christmas one, such a fun image! Thanks so much for playing this time at Crafty Sentiments:)

Unknown said...

Lovely cards! (:
x

Jackie said...

Both cards are fabulous! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge. I hope you play along with us again soon.

Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

Deepti Stephens said...

Wow! Both cards are wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining in this month at The Crafty Bloggers Network
Hugs katie X

Related Posts with Thumbnails