WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

ALL THAT GLITTERS...

Jeez, where does time go.  It's 2 post Wednesday again for me, so here's my 2nd DT card.  It's the  I ♥ PROMARKERS challenge (#193) and our theme is All That Glitters. So, make sure you have plenty of the shiny stuff on your cards.  There are 2 sponsors this week.  Marianne Design and Hobbybook.

Now, any of you that know me or visit my blog regularly know that I hate making Christmas cards and I hate glitter.  I really loathe the stuff, but of course, I have to use it sometimes (or Karen would sack me, lol). As we didn't have to use a sponsor image,  I chose to use a Paper Shelter image called 'Christmas Carols' and you can purchase it HERE.


 Don't you just love the way she is looking up at him? Total adoration, lol.  Awwwwww, bless.



The lantern die is Marianne Design.  I coloured it with Berry Red Promarker and then covered it in Glossy Accents.  A little piece of yellow card was cut to fit behind the lantern and then that was covered in a red/orange glitter.  All the fur around the girls coat is glittered too, but I'm lousy at getting good pics of the stuff for some reason.  Anyhow, it is there!  The embossing folder used on the green background card is Argyle by Embossalicious and then I just finished off with a square doily.  I cut the sentiment with a tag die, lightly inked behind the image with milled lavender distress ink and that was that.

Entering into:
FAB N FUNKY #192 - Traditional Christmas colours. TOP 3
DIVA'S BY DESIGN - Use a Digi.
CRAFTING BY DESIGNS - Anything goes. RUNNER UP
MAKE IT MONDAY #165 - Anything goes.
613 AVENUE CREATE #44 - Anything goes.
BEARLY MINE #111 - Anything goes.
WHIMSY STAMPS #65 (November Digi) - Anything goes.

24 comments:

Ginny said...

fabulous, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, such a delightful image and your colouring is always so beautiful. I love the red lantern, the glossy accents look so effective.
Sue xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is stunning I love the lace borders Ginny♥

Monika Reeck said...

I love your coloring and the border behind the Image is adorable..really nice color combo and sweet image...lovely Christmas card...the one who get this must be so happy...I believe it..

I see your card on Make it Monday and if you want to see my card is # 136 I would be so happy if you could leave me some love...many thanks before..hugs, Monika

Shirley-Anne said...

Lovely creation .Beautiful image , Love the lantern too . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

loz said...

Beautiful card and fabulous colored image Lorraine. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

Tincan Crafter said...

Lorraine your colouring always blows my mind. So beautiful!
I also wanted to stop by and say thank you for reading my blog and leaving a comment - much appreciated!

Beccy said...

Such a lovely card - my favorite image too - thanks for sharing with Fab n Funky
Beccy x

~ginny said...

Really like how you did the gas lantern - and your coloring is spot on! Thank you for playing “Anything Goes” at our house!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave. C
Personal blog: RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

Angelique said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colouring
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

coops said...

so gorgeous lorraine.adorable image and i love your rich colours and sparkle ;D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!! Your coloring is amazing!! Love the bit of sparkle!! Just beautiful!!! Saw you on MIM!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges} *New Challenge Blog* **Open DT Call Now!**

Skye said...

A beautiful Christmas card. The image is very sweet and you colouring is fantastic I like the lacey edging

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so sweet and pretty too. I spotted you over on Make it Monday and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sam K said...

This is beautiful, I saw it over at Make it Monday and stopped by to check it out. lovely colouring too x

Pat K said...

Adorable card Lorraine, beautifully coloured and designed. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week. Pat K x

stitch-and-greet said...

Hi, Lorraine! Hmmmm....I think she doesn´t look up at him but at his hat. I think, that´s okay *LOL*.
Wonderful Christmas card, very elegant design, p.e.r.f.e.c.t colouring!!
Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful project it with us at 613 Avenue Create and please come back soon!
Have a great weekend and Happy Crafting! Regards and "Hugs",
Renata (DT)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week of “anything goes”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

Carol Ric said...

Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at 613 Ave Create challenge.

Anonymous said...

Great holiday card!! :) :) I saw your card @ Make It Monday!! I have some newly released products as candy on my blog if you are interested. Have a great weekend!! :) :)
Nicole’s Craft Nook
Nicole’s 2 Step BLOG Candy

Unknown said...

love this card the doily is fab, the colouring is great too,good luck in our challenge over on divas by designs x

Lena said...

This is so beautiful!!
Love it..

Hug Lena

Tracey Manderson said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine. Good luck and hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Tracey

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Lorraine you have coloured that image beautifully love the design and the glitter.
hugs
lorraine x

Related Posts with Thumbnails