WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

TIM HOLTZ TAGS - APRIL 2013

This is my take on Tim Holtz's tag for April.  As always, you'll have to go to HIS BLOG to see the techniques used.  I had to improvise a few things again.  I had no distress paints so I used ordinary acrylic paint and bottled metallic ink.  It worked OK I think.



I also had none of the transparent film he used, so I used ordinary heat resistant acetate which enabled me to shape the dragonfly wings a little.

Entering into:
Tim Holtz Tags of 2013 - April.

7 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Love your take on Tim's tag and I have to say, just using ordinary acrylic paints seemed to work very well!

Judy said...

I think your tag turned out wonderful. If you hadn't told me, I never would have known you compromised anything. Very nicely done.

xo

Misty's said...

Absolutely brilliant tag, Lorraine. I could not even get off the mark with something like this but well done on areas where you had to compromise.
Also I missed your super gorgeous scrapbooking pages you made. Absolutely amazing and such a fantastic keepsake which is going to be treasured forever.
Michaela xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

I love your take on tims tag , looks fab background to me...not done mine yet!! Hugstrace x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lorraine I love this beautiful tag, I have not tried anything like this but always admire them when I see the awesome colours and detail, a FAB tag.
hugs
lorraine x

coops said...

so stunning lorraine.really gorgeous colours and details :D

xx coops xx

Sarah said...

Thank you for your kind comment Lorraine. The stamp came with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine last month and is from a new set by Jane Nestorenko. Apologies for not replying sooner but we have had internet problems :0( x

Related Posts with Thumbnails