WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

NEW YEAR FROM HELL!!!

Happy New Year to all my blogging buddies out there.  I really hope you had a better start to the year than I did, lol.  Today is the first chance I've had to catch up with a bit of blogging or anything else really.  My 2 year old grandson came down with the Noro Virus.  My mother swiftly followed and then me the day after.  The noro knocked mother for six and I had 3 ambulance visits and they finally took her into hospital for a night on the third visit.  She's diabetic and hadn't eaten as the virus had weakened her so much so she had 2 hypoglycaemic attacks too.   Anyway, had to get the doctor out to her again yesterday as she's so weak and she's now in bed with a hight temp and a chest infection.  As for me, I'm finally feeling OK, ha ha.  God help me if that little lot's an omen for the whole of 2013!!!!

Anyway, on to the matter in hand.  A secret santa and the ILPM challenge.  A couple of pics of a cantilever box that I made for my crafting buddy Tina as her secret santa.  I filled it with all sorts of goodies too...from socks  to sewing thread to die cuts and ribbons.






 This weeks challenge #150 over at I ♥ PROMARKERS is all about tags.  Either a standalone tag or a tag on a card.  I pretty much threw this one together on Monday afternoon, just to get one done.  We have a new sponsor this week and that's POLKA DOODLES.  The prize is an amazing CD with shed loads of stuff on it.  Take a look HERE to see the details.


ENTERING INTO:
DIVA'S BY DESIGN - Anything goes.
MIDWEEK MAGNOLIAS #43 - Tilda on a Tag.
PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY #109 - Anything goes.
THROUGH THE CRAFTROOM DOOR #52 - Anything goes.
CRAFT YOUR PASSION #144 - Vintage/Shabby Chic
CREATED WITH LOVE #23 - Anything but a card.
CREATIVE CREATIONS #1 - Anything goes.
MAKE IT MONDAY #122 - Anything goes.

21 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Sorry to hear about you and your families ill heath hope you have all fully recovered now. Your projects are both stunning take care sending you a hug Ginny xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Oh your poor thing what. Horrid time ..take care and hope all is calmer soon! Trace x

Sue said...

Oh dear Lorraine. So sorry to hear that you and your mum have been so ill over Christmas. That really is a nasty bug. I hope you mum starts to feel better soon.
Your box is stunning, I love the design and the detailing is gorgeous.
Your tag is gorgeous, such a sweet image and pretty colours.
take care,
Hugs Sue

Misty's said...

Hi Lorraine
Sorry to hear about you and your loved ones being in turmoil with the Noro Virus. That's very awful for everyone and even worse for your mother. I hope everyone is going to get better soon.
WOW to your cantilever box, it's absolutely stunning! Your Tilda tag is super sweet.
Michaela xx

craftin-dawn said...

What a Fab treat box AND tag! So sorry your New Year started out so blah, hoping for a happier and healthier rest of 2013! Thanks for taking the time to join us this week at Created With Love Challenges

DawnD

Michelle said...

Wow your box is great. It fits fantastic to our theme.
Thanks for joining us at CYP.
xxx Michelle

Elly said...

It really doesn't sound like a good start into 2013, but..it's the same in my neighbourhood....flu, bronchitis, pneumonia...I'm still knocking on wood to stay healthy. Hope you and your family are getting better very soon. Love your box.
xoxo

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lorraine I am so sorry to hear about the virus that has affected you all I do hope that your mum makes a quick recovery I know how worrying it can be when they are ill.
I am blown away by that awesome creation of the box it looks amazing, the colours and embellishments are stunning. Being a Tilda fan your tag is also a big hit with me I love that image of Tilda also the lovely colours you have used, ACE work.
hugs
lorraine x

Chris Hanselman said...

I hope your year gets better soon. Great projects. The treat box is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges

Chris

Suzi Mac said...

Wonderful treat box and tag Lorraine. I hope you and your Mum are recovering quickly. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias.
Hugs
Suzi x

Unknown said...

I love this box Lorraine and your sweet tag. Glad you are feeling better and hope your mom recovers from her ordeal.

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Your box is amazing and so is the tag. Sorry to hear your family is so sick, Hope everyone gets better soon.
Thanks for playing along with us at Created with Love Challenges.
Linda K.

Michelle said...

Oh goodness Lorraine, what an awful start to the year. I hope your Mum is back on her feet soon.

Your gift box is AMAZING!! I have not seen these before.

Sweet tag too.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Jo said...

Love this. How fun that it works just like a old sewing box. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.

Anne said...

EEK!! What a horrid start to 2013. I hope your mum is recovering well! Your box and tag are just fabulous! I wish you'd do a tut on the box, it looks amazing. And your tag is just perfect for our theme at Midweek Magnolias. Thanks so much for sharing with us! :o)x

Veronica said...

This is really really neat. FANTASTIC>......

Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again in a future challenge.
Veronica DT

Andrea W said...

Your box is amazing! So much detail and such a useful gift. Glad you joined us at Created Wtih Love Challenges.

Tina said...

The box is even nicer in real life, I am very lucky! I forgot to say before, but the socks do fit, and are my 'sewing socks', because I am weird and can't wear shoes when I use my sewing machine ;)

Lisa Sjöström said...

Beautiful tag! Love the colours and the decorations :) Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolia´s this week!
Hugs, Lisa

Elizabeth said...

Very cute tag you made, Lorrain. sorry about you all being sick. Hope you are all feeling better now! Thanks for joining us at the Midweek Magnolias this week! Hugs, Elizabeth

Tina Makuc said...

Lovely tag Lorraine!!
Love the bright colours..
Thanks for playing with us at Midweek Magnolias!!
Hugs, Tina

Related Posts with Thumbnails