WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

HIPPO'S RULE!!!!!

Time for challenge #44 over at I ♥ PROMARKERS and this weeks theme is to take inspiration for your card or project from a Christmas song or carol. It might be an idea if you told us what your song is too, as some can be a bit 'obscure' for want of a better word, lol. Not least my DT example. :o)

Our sponsor this week is LETRASET and there is a pack of Promarkers on offer to our winner.

So, here's my offering this week. Aren't these hippo's just the mutts nuts? You can find them at PHINDY'S PLACE along with some other fab digi images.


I have known this song for many a year so I wanted to use it for my DT card, but it took me hours to track down a hippo image so I was well chuffed when I found this. They are coloured with my Promarkers of course and I used my Robo to cut the snowflakes, then coloured them with my Promarkers, added a bit of glitter and bead spacers for the centres which I found buried in my old stash again. The border is cut with an EK success punch 'Swirl' and the ribbon, which happily matches the pattern on her dress was in my stash. The background is embossed in my bug using a Papermania folder and that's about it really as I wanted it left fairly simple.

Now, the song. How many of you know it?
It's called 'I WANT A HIPPOPOTAMUS FOR CHRISTMAS' an oldie, but a goodie, lol. You can read the words and have a listen HERE. I thought this image suited as either he or she got what they wanted, hence dancing for joy. Ha, ha. I hope you like it.

I shall enter it into the following challenges:
CRAFT YOUR PASSION - Anything Goes.
THE CRAZY CHALLENGE - All I want for Christmas....
OOH LA LA - Christmas Song.

A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR - Christmas Card
TIP TOP TUESDAY - Use Ribbon.
ONE STITCH AT A TIME - Old Stash, New Stash.
CUPCAKE INSPIRATIONS - His nickname for her is Cupcake, lol.
TUESDAY THROWDOWN - Clean and Simple.
PHINDY'S PLACE - Winter

20 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous, those hippo's look like they're having a ball!
Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

Hristovica said...

Very cute. Great picture, make me smile. Thank you for participating in the challenge of The Crazy Challenge # 44 this week. Hugs

Wendi said...

Wow what an absolutely fabulous card your colouring is stunning and those snowflakes beautiful
And I love your choice of song never heard it before but enjoyed listening to it
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi

aqualeiga said...

Lol!! Just lovin' your card this week, made me smile and very 'you!' Noooooo, of course I'm not saying you're a hippo, I meant you're always funny and make me smile, just like this card did! Great job Lorraine ;)

Big hugs, Ali x

Dawn said...

Great card Lorraine, it made me smile!!! I remember that song!!!
LOl hugs Dawn xxx

Lauretta See said...

lol... cute and fun image. Thank you for joining us this week on our Anything Goes Challenge at Craft Your Passion. Best of luck!

Rachel Hope said...

FUN!!! :) Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

~Rachel Hope

Gem said...

Lorraine what a cute image! Thanks for joining in our challenge at One Stitch at a Time this week! Gemma :)
P.S. check out my yummy blog candy here, ends 12/12! :)

Carol Ann said...

These are just the cutes Hippo's I have ever seen :) love this fun card. Thanks for playing along at OSAAT this week.
Carol Ann xx

Fuzzy Slippers said...

OMG that's one of my favorites! That along with Dominick the Donkey and Percy the Puny Poinsettia. ;) Great job with the card (and thanks for the song link too hee-hee). Thanks so much for joining us this week at TTT! :)

Nina Dee said...

What a fun image! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations! :)

Agnieszka M said...

Lorraine, gorgeous card! I love it!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous image! I haven't seen any like that before. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion this week. x x

Anne said...

What a gorgeous card! Why not enter it at Phindy's Place Challenge this week, looks like a winter card to me;)

Philomena said...

This is great fun Lorraine! I love your coloring of the image and those fabulous snowflakes.
Thanks so much for playing at Phindy's Place this week!

Lauren said...

This is super cute! Love the image! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week!

Lauren

Cec said...

That is one of my favourite images and the card is great fun. I never heard that Christmas song but what a super fit. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

Anne-Marije said...

Great card!
Thanks for joining us at the Phindy's Place challenge and hope to see you back...
xxx Anne-Marije

Ann English said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge.

aqualeiga said...

Hi Lorraine!
Not sure if you've had time to check, but CONGRATULATIONS, I noticed that you won over at OSAAT with this fab hippo card! Hope you are feeling less sore today, take care.
Hugs, Ali x

Related Posts with Thumbnails