WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

WINGS TO FLY

It's that time again and challenge #13 over at the I ♥ PROMARKERS challenge blog this week is Wings. Your project has to have wings of some sort on. Lots of options there for you, and our sponsor this week with a £10 gift voucher prize to spend in her online shop is the lovely JOANNA SHEEN.

This is my DT example and there's plenty of wings on this one, lol and yes, plenty of Promarkers too.







I had to make the box myself by trial and error. As I wanted it deep enough to take the moth but not too large, none of the grooves on my scoring boards fitted. When I'd got the box the right size (after numerous attempts) I used my red Promarker to colour all the edges and corners, inside and out. The papers are from the divine K & Co stack 'Tapestry'.

I stamped the 'wings to fly' stamp (another from PAPERARTSY), coloured a few parts of the girl with Promarkers, masked her off and used distress inks to colour her background. I then took a pair of chipboard wings and stamped them using a stamp that came free with a recent Craft Stamper magazine and coloured them in using Red, Marsh Green and Mandarin Promarkers, I gently swiped them with a Black Soot distress ink pad to dull them down and then inked the edges a bit deeper. Next, I applied a 7Gypsies postal rub on to the centre of each wing and covered the whole lot in clear crackle glaze.

For the flower, I stamped the same stamp I'd used for the wings 3 times on plain paper, cut them out and then did exactly what I did with the wings. When everything was dry, I layered the flower up and stuck that, the stamped image and the wings on the top of the box. (Apologies for the photo not showing detail of the flower, but the camera really liked the shine).

The final thing I did was to cut a single moth out of the paper and stick it to some card to strengthen it before cutting it out properly. I made some antennae with black craft wire and attached them to the back of the moth. Finally, he was stuck to the lid of the box at an angle.

So there you are ~ Bob's your Uncle. I hope you like it and it's inspired you to make your own boxes.

1 comment:

meeshka69 said...

This is brilliant, lorraine!!

My idea of trial and error is mostly error when I do something. lol.

Fantastic!!

Meesh. xxx

BTW the link for the Fairy Children to colour... http://www.fairychildren.com/b-w.shtml

Related Posts with Thumbnails