WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

TAGS 'N SCRAPS

I recently hosted a tag swap and as one of my tags was a collage of scraps of paper I thought it was about time I went through my scrap box and made a few things with them. I'm still beavering away with them, but this is a couple I've done so far.

The tag on the left was collaged, inked with distress inks and overstamped with 5 different Paperartsy stamps. The centre tag was on Basic Grey 'Periphery' paper and Lottie from Impression Obsession Inc. was stamped and then I used my Promarkers to colour her dress to match the papers. The tag on the right was stamped with 'Maiden with Long Hair' from Hero Arts on some 7gypsies 'Morroco Journey' script paper and then her dress was shaded with grey Promarkers.


The image on this card is 'Charley' from Cuddly Buddly and she was painted with my distress ink pads. I have no idea whose the papers are but I remember buying them to do an October page in a CJ. I hardly remember where anything in my scrap box comes from anymore, lol. The leaf, bottom right, was cut out and raised on foam pads. Flowers from stash and I got the sewing machine out for this one too.


Ah, now this one is more scrap than anything else as what I've used is plain old brown wrapping paper. I thought a bit of distressing would work with this so that's what I've tried to achieve. All the inking was with T.H. Distress Ink Pads 'Walnut Stain'. The Owl is a stamp from Stamps Away and the tree on the background is from Kanban. Pearls from Kaisercraft Basics.
To make the background, I inked the edges, randomly stamped the tree and then screwed the paper up. I ran an inkpad over the creases and then ironed it flat and tore the edges a little. The owl was painted in a bit using the same colour ink plus Brushed Corduroy. The ribbon is Smirk and a bugged bit of white card swiped with Walnut Stain ink finished it off.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails