WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Sunday, October 02, 2011

ONE FOR THE BOYS.

It's challenge #141 at THE CRAFTY PAD this week and the theme is One for the Boys. Debbie has recently released a Pocket Watch and Steampunk images over at THE CRAFTY PAD DESIGNS and the DT worked with them. I have to say, I really love these. There are so many things I'll be using them on.

Fed up with making cards, I thought I'd make a tag for a change. It's a nice six incher which I took out of a Junkitz tag book that had been in my drawer for a couple of years. I figured I'd never make the book, so just get on and use the tags, lol.


I started in Photoshop with a six inch rectangle and placed some of the digi elements where I wanted them. Doing it this way ensured that my DP would be printed exactly how I wanted it to be, (not realising of course, that most of it would be covered up, lol). I printed this onto copy paper, then stuck my piece of DP over it and ran it through the printer again. Edges were all inked with Walnut Stain distress ink.
I printed two sizes of watch faces and the ruler and inked them. The vintage image was actually from some junk mail about a lottery, so I kept the leaflet knowing I'd be able to use it. Recycling at its best eh? The black clock hands were cut on my Robo and the gorgeous reinforcement ring is a Tim Holtz Ideology bit. I found the sentiment in some more long forgotten stash and inked it and finally the watch face and little watch parts are from my stash.

Entering into:
CRAFT YOUR DAYS AWAY #30 - Tag it.
SUGAR CREEK HOLLOW - Trash to vintage.
ONE STITCH AT A TIME #82 - Use a digi.
PAPER SUNDAES #89 - Lots of layers.
CARD AND SCRAP #17 - Distressing.
CREATALICIOUS #26 - Anything goes.
ONE STOP CRAFT #151 - Just for men.
STAMP, SCRAP & DOODLE - Anything but a card.
INSPIRE ME FRIDAYS #26 - Anything goes.
SIMPLY CREATE #53 - Older than 6 months.

15 comments:

ToryJes said...

It's Great!!!

Jytte said...

Skønt tag. 1000 1000 tak fordi du deltager i Card and Scrap's udfordring :)

Anne Bente said...

wawwww it is beautiful

100000 tak for at du deltager på card and scraps udfordring.

klemmmm

Shelley said...

Wow what an amazing tag. Thanks for joining in our CYDA challenge xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Lorraine this is one awesome looking tag, all those wonderful embellishments and colours, superb work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna aka Lil Diva said...

oo this is different..love it..Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week xx

coops said...

wow its fantastic lorraine.i love the vintage images and colours ;D

xx coops xx

Linda said...

Oh wow this is an amazing tag. I love it. I have to go check out the Crafty Pad Designs.
Thanks for joining us at SSDS with your wonderful creations.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Janice said...

Stunning! So love this Lorraine. Jx

shaz earl said...

Oh Such a stunning tag,, thank you for joining us at CYDA hope to see you again soon, good luck xx

Marjo said...

Gorgeous tag, thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.

xoxo Marjo

Patti P. said...

Absolutely stunning. Love the tag (I have some of those kits that you think you will use but never do,lol) and all of the clock elements are gorgeous. Love watch faces and love the vintage image from your leaflet. So glad you took our challenge at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

tt.scraps said...

Beautiful! What a great job! Thanks for sharing this with us at SSDS! Hope to see you around again!
Tammy, DT

Jen Nelson said...

this is gorgeous work
Thanks for joining us this week at OSCC

jen xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

how lovely!
thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week
Love Jan
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails