WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

IT'S ALL ABOUT EMBELLIES.

I struggle with embellishments when I'm doing my scrapbooking. Even though I have plenty littered about the craft room, I tend to just use what's in front of me, usually just my papers and printer. Which is pretty much what I did with this layout of my grandson Aidan yesterday (inspired by page 37 in the new Craft Stamper mag). A few rub-ons are always handy too.




Today I was planning another layout and I decided to start using more of my stash. So, I got my 'embellie box' out to see what I had that had been long forgotten. I can't actually remember the last time I opened this RUB. It was like an Aladdin's cave in there! Chipboard, die cuts, Tim Holtz metal, alphabets, felt borders, paint...all sorts of stuff. And, that's not all - I have stuff in various drawers too.


I reckon I've got no excuse now, lol. I'm going to have to work my way through this lot.

Entering into:
INCY WINCY - Anything but a card.
MAKE IT MONDAY - Anything goes.
PAPER PLAYTIME - Anything goes.

AI FACTORY - Anything goes.
CREATIVE CRAFT CHALLENGES - Anything but a card.
DEEP OCEAN - Light blue.
EVERYBODY ART - Blue and brown.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

What a fab layout Lorraine! That will be treasured for years to come!
Hugs
Dawn xx

aqualeiga said...

This is wicked Lorraine, and I can't believe how grown up Aidan looks!
Hugs, Ali x

cheryl said...

oh this is one brilliant layout gorgeous photos too bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylxxx

Suzilou said...

WOW what a fab scrap book page, love the colours and fantastic layout, so love the idea of scrapbooking and have brought bits and pieces to have a go but just never seem to get the time. This is very precious and a fantastic keepsake :) xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the photo and the layout .Thanks for sharing on make it Monday .
Shirley-Anne

When commenting on another’s MIM entry don’t forget to mention that you saw it on MIM and the more entries you comment on in this way, the more chances you have of winning.

Alex said...

Very nice work!
Thanks for joining EAC!
Hugs, Alex

D said...

What a fabulous layout! The tags are awesome. Looks like he have a lot of fun in the sand :) Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Playtime.

Franz♥ said...

A very lovely work Lorraine, the little boy on your photos is really ADORABLE!

Thank you for joining us at Deep Ocean, hugs, Franz.

Kathlene said...

Wonderful layout Lorraine--your grandson is so cute and still the focus of your page even with all the great embellies. TFS!

Petra said...

Stunning LO with a lot of detail! I think we all join you in the quest to use stash that is long forgotten...good luck!
Thank you for joining us at AiFactory this month :)

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lorraine

Stnning layout, just love the colour combo and all the little tags. I saw that you were featured on Make It Monday so well done.

Hugs Ali x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous LO.Love all the elements you've chosen to go with this little sweetie.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
Lisa x

Related Posts with Thumbnails