WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

STILL DISTRESSED!!!!

It's no good. I've tried, but I just can't put my Distressing Inks down. I am just loving them at the mo. I really like blending the brighter colours, but yesterday and today, I thought I'd let my dark side come to the fore. This first one was inspired by my Graphicus newsletter and it's backed with some paper from them too. The stampbord was inked, stamped and scratched back and then I brushed my Versamark pad along the edges, dipped them in embossing powder and heated. The green back was 'bugged', inked with Peeled Paint and then lightly touched with Versamark and gold embossed. It's not a 'clean' piece as I have some stray embossing powder but I like the effect it gives.


Now this one, I thought would make a great card for a bloke. A little dark, yes, but it's what I wanted. This time I inked my card with 3 colours before 'bugging' it. When it was dry, I lightly rubbed my sanding block over it to bring out some highlights. The beauty of the Distress Inks is that you can layer them, so when you sand back, the underlying colour comes through where you have more than one colour of ink. I can't even remember where I got my watch stamps from, but I love them too.

2 comments:

Bobs said...

Gotta love Stampbord! I really love that flower stamp .... it almost looks like a negative image.

The watches are fab and the 'bugged background is great!

Good to see you're succeeding again after all your frustrations! :)

xx

Unknown said...

the first one .... the one with flower is lovely... the strokes of paint[if thats wt u used on it] and the color combination is soo perfect...
check mine too...

Related Posts with Thumbnails