WELCOME TO MY BLOG.

I hope you enjoy your visit and like what you see.
When you've finished browsing here, why not pop over to MAKE SOMETHING NICE and take a peek at some of my tutorials.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A BIT OF ACETATE

Goodness where does time go? The weeks are just flying by. This weeks challenge #27 over at I ♥ PROMARKERS is to use acetate on your card. Our design team have all come up with some super different ways to use it, so I'd take a look if I was you. We are sponsored this week by DIGITAL DELIGHTS. She has some fabulous images (and the DT all used a different one) and is offering a $10 gift voucher to spend in her online store to the winner.

I chose to use 'Cow'. I just couldn't resist her cute little face, lol.


I didn't start off with this in mind, but it sort of evolved as I went. I made the pelmet by cutting three Martha Stewart Heart punch borders and overlapping them, then mounted them on card, trimmed and attached with 3D foam. The curtains are strips of paper, inked on one side to give the effect of folds and stuck down underneath the pelmet. The window just has strips of card stuck over it and the flower she is looking at is stuck onto the front face of the insert.



The papers are a lovely magazine freebie from My Minds Eye. Excuse the difference in colour of the pics - one had flash and the other didn't. Doh!!!!!

I'd like to enter in the following challenges:
MY TIME TO CRAFT - Farm (you might not find a cow in a dress on a farm, but a cow all the same, lol).
CRAFTY CARDMAKERS - Birthday (no greeting on the front, but definitely a birthday card).
CRAFTY CARDMAKERS SPOTLIGHT CHALLENGE - Punches.
DIE CUT DREAMS - Fabric. (mine is faux fabric for the curtains, so might not be eligible. Worth a try though, lol).
CUPCAKE CRAFTS - Lace (but you can use punches for effect).
PAPERTAKE WEEKLY - Something old, something new..etc. I used some old ribbon and some new papers and image and my new punch.
DUTCH DARE CHALLENGE - Anything goes.
WILD ORCHID CRAFTS - One for the girls.
STAMPMAN CHALLENGES - Take two colours (Pink and Green).
CREATIVE COTTAGE - Acetate.

13 comments:

Liza said...

A gorgeous card, I love how you have made the curtains. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week with such a sweet card ! Love the little curtains ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

lindyloo said...

oh what a stunning card simply beautiful thanks for joining us at the creative cottage huggies lindyloo x

Mummylade said...

lovely card, and faux fabric is a new one. Very clever =). Thank you so much for entering your work in the DCD challenge this week.

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card! I love the curtains! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Paul said...

I'm enjoying having a look at all these farm inspired cards - loads of wonderful ideas. Being a country boy, I really enjoyed this challenge and really like farm animal cards and projects. Thanks for drawing my attention to your blog and letting me visit.
TFS
Paul

Chrissie said...

What a fun card!
Thanks for joining in our challenge at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

Donna said...

Super sweet little card! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage :) Donna x

Cath Wilson said...

LOVE those curtains and the pelmet is fab.

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Julie Riley said...

Awww what a cutie little cow !! Fab card, thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx

Sue said...

Hi Lorraine
aww this is gorgeous i luv your design, the windows & curtains look fabulous, thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Dawny P said...

This is just gorgeous chick :) I LOVE that image and the colours you used. Thanks for joining us over at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxx

Rebekah said...

How sweet! thanks for joining us at the creative cottage acetate challenge this fortnight hugs Rebekah xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails